photo botslide.jpg

Cystic Fibrosis Awareness Month

Tuesday 6 May 2014

hello! 

This month is Cystic Fibrosis Awareness month! and there will be a lot of awareness! 
for those of you that don't know about Cystic Fibrosis: 

Cystic Fibrosis is an inherited disease caused by a faulty gene, this gene controls the movement of salt and water in and out of your cells, so the lungs and digestive system become clogged with mucus, making it hard to breathe and digest food. 
More than 2.5 million people in the UK carry the faulty gene, around 1 in 25 of the population.
there is currently no cure for Cystic Fibrosis but many treatments are available to manage it, including physiotherapy, exercise, medication and nutrition.
Each week, 5 babies are born with cystic fibrosis and 2 people die!

At end stage Cystic fibrosis, you end up needing a double lung transplant and i got to that stage of needing one, luckily i received one and my life has changed so much, but if there was a cure for Cystic Fibrosis then people wouldn't need a lung transplant. so please everyone do some fundraising or if you would like to donate to the trust then go to The Cystic Fibrosis Trust.

The Organs Affected By Cystic Fibrosis 



update:
i was meant to have clinic at GOSH tomorrow but they cancelled it! then changed it to next week so i would of had to travel up after my first exam and then have clinic on the wednesday then travel back for my chemistry exam on the thursday! but then today we got a letter in the post saying my clinic appointment isn't until 4th june now! i still have the problem of having exams on the tuesday and thursday! which is really annoying! but ill just have to revise in the car! but i only have 10 school days left until i leave forever!!!! 
i bought my shoes, necklace and bag for prom! and I'm waiting for my prom dress to come! as I've ordered it in a shop but it take 4 months to come so luckily i ordered it in January. We finally have transport to prom now! :D (my prom is on July 4th) 
My dad booked our holiday to Hungary in august! I'm sooo excited but its my first time to go on an airplane! which is scary!


speak soon! 

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme