photo botslide.jpg

Cystic fibrosis wont win!

Wednesday 30 January 2013

heya its Katie again :D so CF has been testing me these past couple of weeks! Its thrown high temperatures and infections at me but i chucked them back! As my sister said.. The doctors said i had a line infection AGAIN! But thankfully it wasn't a fungal infection so i didn't have to have it out! they started me on anti fungal casperfungin medicine before they found out it wasn't a fungal infection just to stop it if it was, and I'm still on that, they started me on oral ciprofloxacin and that has worked and my infections levels have gone back down to 50! :) but my oxygen is staying at 1.5litres and 1litre at night! it just doesn't want to go back down:( but i suppose i knew this would happen eventually and it has. In the update my sister wrote she said i had to have a 24 hour heart monitor.. when i got took of that the results came back within hours and and had quite a lot of ectopic beats but they that was probably because i had quite a bad infection. a couple of days later i had to have a 48 hour heart monitor and they haven't got back to us on that one but if it was bad they would of said something. Monday they finally said i could come home! And they weighed me and i put on weight i am now 31.7kg!! When i went into hospital i was 30.35kg! it was so nice to come and sit on my sofa instead of a hard bed all day everyday! but I'm not sleeping very much as my oxygen is going up and down:( but tomorrow I'm hopefully trying to get out for a bit and get some fresh air:) i finish my IV's and casperfungin on friday and i start this new oral antibiotic called co-trimoxazole so hopefully that will make me stay of IV's longer :) 
Thank you soo much everyone for the comments and people who have wrote to me on facebook!

tomorrow will be 8 months on the transplant list!

2 comments:

  1. keep going katie!! such an inspiration!! HURRY UP SHINT NEW LUNGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a thought have you heard of postpals? Maybe take a look www.postpals.co.uk. Hope your infection improves soon xxx

    ReplyDelete

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme