photo botslide.jpg

One Year Post Transplant

Tuesday 12 August 2014

Hello everyone.



On the 10th August 2013 at 3:15pm i went down to theatre to receive the Gift Of Life, thanks to an organ donor. i was in theatre for 8 hours having my horrible old lungs removed and having shiny new ones in! i was in ICU for 10 days and on Bear ward at the Great Ormand Street Hospital for another 3 and a half weeks. 

A year on i am a healthy, happy teenager enjoying my life. i have had a few problems on the road but nothing i couldn't handle, I've done many things i wouldn't of done before my transplant, e.g. go to the beach, walk around without having a struggle with my breathing, play with my nieces and nephews and lots more! but this is all because my donors parents/loved ones said YES to donate his/hers organs! organ donation is such an incredible thing to do and i just hope my donor is looking down on me and is proud, words will never explain my gratitude for my second chance, so on the 10th august me and my family celebrated, not just for me but for my donor! We went for a carvery at the Park Hotel in Barnstaple and then afterwards we went to the park and set off some balloons for my donor, i had a 1 year post transplant cake and 65 roses! in honour of my donor i have a memorial patch in my garden which has stones, flowers and angels in :) i hope i have many more years too look forward too!

so as i always say, please please please sign up to be an organ donor just by clicking.. here

I'm off to London today for my Annual review at GOSH tomorrow :)

here are some photos..


me and mum 
my cake 

65 roses 
letting go of the balloons for my donor


memorial patch for my donor
65 roses 


Speak soon

xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme